Pages

9.19.2011

End of the holiday

Yesterday was the last day of the long September weekend. I had a really good time with my family. I visited my grandparents, too. Me and my girlfriend celebrated our third year together. I feel very happy.

Moreover, I enjoyed reading the first chapter of Lovász's, et al "Discrete Mathematics". I'm almost done with the first chapter and I think I have understood and learned a lot of things. It is surprising the way they explain counting and how each thing connects beautifully with the next; starting with a simple story of a geek party and, 20 pages later, ending with properties of the binomial coefficients. I can tell there's no way to avoid learning something and being amused as well. I can't wait to start with the second chapter but first I'll finish the complementary exercises of this one. 

I had good rest, too. I slept really well this four days. I needed a short vacation like this and I'll need a lot of energy tomorrow. There are a lot of things to do: finish the spec review, prepare some slides about how we are addressing the challenges with the libraries we are using, and start with the database seminar. I think I'll need to use the Pomodoro Technique so I can have more control of my time. I'll need every minute I have.

Good night.

No comments: